Thursday, July 17, 2014

How Far I've Come


If you only knew how far I've come since the day you walked away.
If you only knew the hardship in being cast astray.
If you only had the heart to stay,
You'd see how far I've come, since the day you walked away.

The who I am, the what I know continued every day to grow
Every part of me better than the one you used to know
For all the times I waited, and when you didn't show
The who I am, the what I know is from the pain I pushed below

If you could see how far I've come would you still have left me then?
Would you know that my potential had not yet begun to begin
When I think of the strength your leaving's left me, I just have to grin
If you only knew how far I've come maybe we could start again.

But the who I am and the what I know now belongs to someone else
Their faith in me has summoned something surpassing worldly wealth
The day you walked away was the one I moved toward health
The who I am and how far I've come belongs entirely to myself


No comments:

Post a Comment