Thursday, July 10, 2014

I'll walk until my feet are bleeding

I've seen things, man. I've seen 14 countries in the last two weeks. I've seen a women do things with a Ping pong ball that defies every college anatomy class I ever attended. I've seen the inside of burning buildings and barrel waves alike. I've seen two wars and all the hell they bring. I've saved lives and taken them. I've seen the apex of human kindness and cruelty existing in my own heart as well as in others. I've seen the finish line of several Ironman races and the inside of an octagon. I've seen seen a women selling weed brownies at sunset on a beach in Costa Rica while doing a yoga class with half a dozen Scandinavian women, yes I bought a round for the group and indulged. I've seen a Beautiful blonde Russian women invite me for a naked midnight swim off the shores of Thailand. I've seen strangers open their homes and their hearts to a homeless, unemployed veteran. I've seen the inside of a jail cell and broke bread with heads of state. I've been kicked out of bars, universities and countries. I've stowed away on trains and jumped from planes. I've loved and lost and loved again. I've lived enough for a hundred men. The life we get, we get only one. I refuse to stop living till the living is done. We get one chance to cast away, the dirtiest word you can ever say. In your life only one thing can stop the go, it's your fear of living and that foul word, no. If hope is a thing with feathers that perches in the soul, the only way to keep it flying is to answer all invitations with an enthusiastic, "Let's roll!"

No comments:

Post a Comment