Monday, November 28, 2011

Divine dissonance.....Define Dissidence!

"The look on the cake....It ain't always the taste"

Beauty external. What a valuable condition, what a gem...what a facade. Still it is quite the precious chip to have in ones bag. In the great debate of equality, aesthetic appeal goes a long way to elevate an individuals social status and furthermore their appeal to the opposite sex. Equality. Who is equal to me but none? who has every single attribute in which I possess? Are YOUR toes tattooed?!?! To be honest, I dont' believe that to be the benchmark of equality. If it was, the debate of gender equality would quickly be resolved by who could most effectively extinguish a camp fire using only their bodily fluids and without sustaining personal injury. Too far? not far enough? Equality. Balance. A sum of all distinctions. Even if we were to somehow add up all of the qualities of two separate people and juxtapose them it is doubtful that perfect balance and equality would result. Furthermore who is the sanctioning body on which attributes are preferable and which are not? For the most part these are subjective matters. The characteristics that you value are likely so far removed from what I find appealing that an agreement would likely never be made.

The great thing about writing to an audience of none is that there is no concern about stepping on proverbial toes. My take on it, Equality is bull shit. We were not created equal, we don't live as equals and we will not perish as such. Your money gives you advantages that I will never have. Ahhh but my character will prevail over your trust fund will it not. I would like to think so. I would love to believe that the fact that I am a good, honest, faithful, caring person places me at least in contention with a wealthy, statuesque individual. The truth, some people place a higher value on the latter of the two contenders. That. Is. Life. That is not even a disposition in which I care to overcome. Frankly I have little desire to Court a woman who holds the endowment of a chiseled jaw above that of a man's willingness (and ability) to break the jaw of any who would speak ill of her.

Not only is equality a farce, it is an arbitrary concept at best. Who needs it! Equality on a personal level is something that any rational person would never spend a moment of concern with. Sure, my abs may never be as washboardesk as his but it doesn't matter does it.... I can break his fucking jaw if it pleases you my lady!!

No comments:

Post a Comment