Saturday, November 26, 2011

mowgli... a rather gifted child

What is this but a torment?  It is a life and in that I say thank you!  for the greatest of treasures is the painful state of self discovery.   Blinded by sight and no vision to guide us. Beseeched by thoughts of a better day than the one which we have created in our own mind.  What is bliss?  forever daunting and taunting and other things which rhyme with this.... In all seriousness, I see my future.  I see it every day.  It is one that I am not allowed to have, and I justify this as sanity.  I condemn myself to mediocrity.  WHY?   there is no other way.  "The path I walk, I walk in with my own resolve..."  ugghhh  PHALANGES.  to be poignant is to be self absorbed.  I wish not that on my greatest of rivals, for I have no enemies. 
 A new thought, well... perhaps but not likely.  I am hung up.  I am in flux.  I am not at all sober yet not at all drunk.  This is the space between the happy hours.  TICK.  TOCK.  the clock mocks me.  sober and alone I sit in a cave of my own creation.  What a fate.  A beautiful one if you ask most.  A beautiful one if you ask me.  yet it is not perfect.  Perfection is simple.  Perfection is sharing a candid gesture without applause.  Perfection is never wondering if someone supports you.  Perfection is....a southern state.
TICK.  TOCK.  what a difference a day makes.  stone cold, hollow and alone.  what a perfect way to be.  ohh if you only knew.  The life we live is the life we give to those who know us best.  that is garbage.  The life we live is a life of one chance, right now!  live it or Fuck Off!  If you do not take a hold of that chance you do not belong in my state of affairs.  This is not simple. Perfection never is. 
a convoluted state.  is that a word?  I will tell you what isn't a word... blaft.  although it should be.  Perfection.  ahhhh  if it were only that easy....

No comments:

Post a Comment